- PHP Grundlagen und Lösungen. Webserver- Programmierung unter Windows und Linux.
- LOVE'S LOVELY COUNTERFEIT | James M. Cain | First edition!
- Self-Defense (Alex Delaware, Book 9).
- Taha Husayn: His Place in the Egyptian Literary Renaissance?
But novices should start with the three big bangs mentioned at the start of this review. This entry was posted on Monday, November 25th, at am and is filed under Book Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.
You can leave a response , or trackback from your own site. Name required.
Good Books in the Woods
Read more. What's New - Home - Login. School Donation Program In Memory of How To Swap Books? Need Help?
MASTERS OF FANTASY AND HORROR: AUGUST DERLETH
Visit the Help Center - Close X. June goes along with things because she's attracted to Ben -- and because she needs the extra cash that comes with playing along: she has a sister, Dorothy, who is a real bad seed. June and Ben have a hot but secret affair -- but the new mayor also has his eye on June, causing a bit of friction.
- B & B Rare Books, Ltd.;
- Love's Lovely Counterfeit () | "Love's Lovely Counterfei… | Flickr;
- RARA-AVIS: Love's Lovely Counterfeit?
- Applied Probability and Stochastic Processes.
- I'd like to be notified of new arrivals in the following categories..
Things get more complicated when Dorothy finally shows up. There are some things Ben can't resist When, on top of that, Sol resurfaces everything comes to a head.
Can't Explain: Love's Lovely Counterfeit ()
There are some nice twists here, and it's spoiled only at the very end by a terrible melodramatic final scene. Overall, however, this is a solid, unassuming little thriller, the characters just that bit too weak to resist the temptations that then inevitably bring them down. Cain isn't too ambitious here, and he tells a good story. Ben's way of taking power is entertaining -- as is his comeuppance, especially the scene where everything comes crashing down one tiny mistake The romances are fairly well-handled too, in that fitting noirish-peculiar way that allows for descriptions such as: Obviously, they had got to a point where the word love, if either of them had uttered it, would have been somewhat inadequate.
Insanity would have been better, and there was some suggestion of it as she raised her face to his. Ben, the trusty if not always trusting Lefty, and Sol are all well-drawn characters, and if the women are a bit too simple, they're still the usual conniving, passionate gals typically found in Cain's novels i. A solid little thriller. Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
- Specialists of Jazz Age and Depression Era Fiction.
- AWR Suspense: Love’s Lovely Counterfeit (Summer Of Bogart) Amazing World Of Radio podcast;
- Printed Catalogues;
- The Ontogeny of Information: Developmental Systems and Evolution.